Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Three Names Meme

Lots of kitties wanted to know what our three names were after Mom went to see Cats the other night. Got us to thinking this would be a fun meme.

In case you aren't familiar with The Naming of Cats, in the Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats, by T.S. Eliot, we all have three names! So, in this meme, you must link to the originator of the meme (that is me), list the following rules, and then tell us:

1. The name that the family uses daily (such as Peter, Agustus, Alonzo, or James)
2. The name that is particular, a name thats peculiar, and more dignified (such as Munkustrap, Quaxo, or Coricopat)

3. What you are doing when you are thinking of the name that only you know, and will never confess (when engaged in rapt contemplation), that deep and inscrutable singular name

Then tag three cats (and let them know they are tagged) to give us their names.

Ok, so here are mine:

1. Tara
2. MissyTarinaPuss
3. Curled up on the corner of the bed, gazing at the ceiling fan

Ok, Kavan, lets hear yours...

My names are:
1. Kavan
2. MrKaverMan
3. Curled up on the rug in front of the fire place, staring into space

We tag the first three cats to ask us our names, Kimo and Sabi, Parker, and Adan.

Can't wait to read all the names!

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hey, Tara, how come I didn't get to tag three names????

OK Kavan, go ahead and tag the next three who asked our names.....

Goody, Goody, I tag the Meezers, Mr. Hendrix, and Tamra (swoon....)

18 comments:

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah Tara and Kavan, This is very fun meme~!!!! I love your answers~!!!
And thanks for tagging me, I have to think hardly now~~

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

What a wonderful meme you've created. :) Those are terrific names that you both have. :)

Parker said...

WooHoo, this is gonna take a little thought - you names are great!
Thanks for the tag!

The Meezers or Billy said...

this looks like a fun meme!

Tybalt said...

What a great idea for a meme! It will really make the kitties think. Great job, Tara and Kavan!

Gemini and Ichiro said...

That is just fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Wow, those are wonderful names. Mom had to think forever just to give us a middle name for the middle name meme.

DK & The Fluffies said...

Cool meme, I can't wait to hear all of these as it spreads across the blogsphere

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

Hummm ... I like that Meme, Tara an' Kavan ... Furry interestin' ...
DMM

Motor Home Cats said...

Tara, that is a great meme. We can't wait to see what everyone's names are.

Tiki, Tavi, Cody and Camie

Boy said...

Gweat meme Tawa and Kavan, here's another meme! I tag you Tawa!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Very nice names both of you!
Being curled up is one of my favorite positions too!

Lux said...

I wanna know your singular, inscrutable name!

Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

We love "Cats", an the name thingie! Good ones!

Mr. Hendrix said...

what a great Meme! thank you so much for tagging me Kavan. I will do this in honor of Midnight Monday!

Kimo and Sabi said...

Thanks fer taggin' us fer this fun meme! We will have to wait until next week to post our names cuz were in da middle of "Doodle Week!"

Quasi said...

Great names. I'm going to have to work on mine now.

Christine said...

Oh, hullo! I got tagged with your meme, too! And I think I can safely share my secret name with you most honorable kitties... come see!
Sammy