Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Meezer Rule Confession

So I have a confession to make. Monday morning, our last morning at our mountain house, Mom took Kavan and I out in the back yard. We both had our harness on. Mom put Kavan on his lead to make sure he wouldn't go over the fence, but not me. I'm a "good girl". He kept looking up on top of the fence, like there was something really neat there. I just had to find out what he was looking at, so yes, I'm embarrassed to admit, I jumped up on it. Mom yelled at me to stop. I did, but I got scared, I didn't know what to do. I was tetering on the little skinny flat spot on top of the lower back fence. I couldn't figure out how to go back, so just as Mom grabbed for my harness, I jumped to the other side. I regretted it immediately, it was very scary. I didn't recognize any of it. Mom looked over, and my eyes were as big as saucers! I wanted to get back! Mom threw Kavan in the house, and came back (she knew I wouldn't go anywhere, unlike meathead). She called softly, and kept telling me to jump up, so I tried. I jumped back up on the fence, but over on our neighbors side. This picture from last spring shows the low back fence and the the higher fence that separates us from our neighbors. On the other side of the high fence, our neighbors back fence is lower like ours.

I couldn't figure out how to get to Mom! I tried walking on the very top, even though Mom tried to get me to walk on the flat board just a few inches down, but I got scared again so jumped back down. So she called me down to a place I could crawl under the fence. I was so happy to get back into our yard! And now I know about going under instead of over! Unfortunately, now that I know about that, I may never get to go out in our backyard mountain house again without my lead. But I'm usually a good girl, and in the summer if there are lizards in the back yard, why go anywhere else?

Meezer rule: It is not true that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, it is really just scary. Your own yard is always the best.

35 comments:

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Yup, der just is no place like home, or your own back yard...furry scary.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah.... that is a "too" exciting story....I am so glad you back to your safety place :)

DK & The Fluffies said...

TARA! Let's not do that again, ok! ~DKM

ZOOLATRY said...

The meezer rule is the moral of your story, and a very good one it is. All kitties should remember that. Happy Day to you.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wow, Tara, that was quite the experience you had! At least you can still enjoy the yard on your lead. A really long lead is almost as good as no lead at all.

Parker said...

Yikes Tara - always remember what Dorothy said. "There's no place like home!"

Tommy and Teaghan said...

Goin' where yur not aposed to is always a scary fing. Dose beautiful mountains! Were you tryin to catch dat Quail on da fence? Where am dose mountains? Dey look like Oreegun.

Scout said...

Tara: That was a very scary thing! I got out of the gate one time by “accident”. Okay, so I walked out because no one was paying attention… However, once I was there, the gate closed behind me so I just sat in the corner by the fence and cried until someone came and got me! I was skairt, skairt, skairt! I feel your pain.

Purrs,
Scout

LZ said...

Oh how terrifying Tara! You do sound like a very good girl to keep trying so hard to get back to your mom. Really its all Kavan's fault anyway, right?

Latte

The Meezers or Billy said...

oh Tara, how scairty! glad everything worked out ok

Tybalt said...

Tara, that was a very scary story! I am glad you made it back to your mommy safe and sound.

Gemini said...

Oh foo! I just typed a big long comment and blogger ate it!

Momma took that photo back when we first got your cat dancer and she had just bopped me on the head with it. I was not too happy. I still won't play with her with it, but when she hangs it up, I kind of like to play. Of course, Cheysuli is a toy hog and steals anything I have fun with, so... sigh.

Anyway Momma can be lazy about photos and sometimes puts up ones that are a little bit older if she likes the expression.

Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

Momma only takes me out on a leash. I get scared and run willy nilly too easily for her trust me with out one.
~Queen Snickers

Diamond Emerald-Eyes said...

Oh, I don't know. I kind of like to go exploring. As long as I know how to get back home, I like to go look around.

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Oh Tara

I am so sorry that you had such a scary experience, but I am glad you are all right and that your Mom was right there with you throughout the entire ordeal. We are happy you are safe and have such a wonderful Momma.

Purrs
Abby and Boo

Daisy said...

That is a very scairty adventure you had, too, Tara! You were very good not to run away.

HRH Yao-Lin said...

Tara I swear my heart just jumped into my throat. You silly, brave girl. Don't venture out again! What would the world be like without princess Tara? Doesn't bear thinking about!

x

The Furry Kids said...

Yikes! That sounds really askeery. Tara, you are a very good girl to listen to your mom like that.

Mickey's Musings said...

Good rule.I can't follow it because I don't go out :(

It's cool that you learned about "under". I bet your Mom learned about it too ;)

Purrs

Leona said...

Oh that is too much excitement.

Honey P. Sunshine said...

good rule

Ivan from WMD said...

Very good rule! What a scary experience for you--and your mom!!

Caroline!

Artsy Catsy said...

Tara, you must be careful, because you're a fit kitty. See, I don't have to worry about jumping over fences, because I'm too fat!

Rocky

Jake and Bathsheba said...

Tara, we don't want to get you into trouble, but we really think it's FUN on the other side of our fence.

Mom said that a LONG time ago, our long ago sister Precious the Maine coon cat jumped the tall privacy fence at a previous house where Mom lived. Precious couldn't jump back over because the fence was so tall and totally flat (no cross boards) on the other side. Mom lived in a cul-de-sac and the house on the back side was about a 1/2 mile walk away. She had to go all that way just to retrieve Precious. But she was worth it of course.

~J&B

Kimo and Sabi said...

WOWY - we is just happy you didn't git eated by a vishus deer or some other wild critter!

The Fluffy Tribe said...

wow that was a frightening expereence for you Tara, I don't go outside 'cause it is too scary to me i am glad you got back home safely to yer Momma and family ~Ko Ko of the Fluffy Tribe

The Wanderer said...

boyu you guys ure has a lots of adventures!!! I likes the bits about the yakking in the car, cause I don'ts like cars nefer!

zevo hussein calamari said...

Oh Auntie Em...There's no place like home!

Toffee K. Ripple Fuzzypants & Feline American Angels said...

How SCARY! I'm furry glad that you were able to get back to your yard an' your momma. I would have been TERRIFIED!
DMM

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you came through unharmed and that you learned a good lesson from your adventure on the fence.

The Devil Dog said...

Tara, I have a badge for you. You can either take it of the blog, or email me at roxythedevildog AT gmail DOT com

Roxy

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Glad yoo got back ofurr your fence ok Tara.Our dad put up an eight foot high fence all round our garden so we could stay outdors all day if we want to. I've dug my way unnerneath it twice hehe.
Dad sed he's going to put a stop to it. Don't know what he means though.
Flynn

snowforest said...

Oh this must've been a furry scairty adventure for you and your mom - glad you made you way back safely :) We agree with your moral! Come visit our new bloggie:

http://snowandforest.blogspot.com/

Lux said...

Whoa, I'm sure glad that you got back into your own yard - what a scary story!

Unknown said...

That is a very scary story! I am glad that you are safe now.