Saturday, January 20, 2007

Ice Hockey II


So I'm having a grand time with my ice cube last night. First, a right paw sent it screaming across the kitchen floor, I could barely keep up. My back legs overtook my front legs when I tried to corner around the kitchen table as fast as the ice cube slid under it (note...cats cannot run as fast as ice cubes can slide), and I cornered on my butt.... BUT I caught that cuby and sent it flying onto the carpet. Now, I can keep up with an ice cube on carpet, and really let it have it. So I chased it down the hall way into the bathroom where my litter box is kept. Then, sigh, the fun stopped. Now, I'm really good about covering up my business when I get use the box (unlike some kitties who will remain nameless... Mao...), but I get a little over enthusiastic. Which means litter flys like a dust storm in Texas when I use the little girls room. Anyway, so when I wrasseled that cube into the bathroom, it became a litter cube.... eww and yuck. Mom was grossed out. But one advantage to litter on the floor when you are playing ice hockey....once it melts, you have a nice clump just to toss!

10 comments:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Ice hockey sounds like lots of fun, but cold! And a litter cube does sound gross!

Emma's Kat said...

What fun! Sounds like you had a blast with the ice puck! My Danny Boy (RIP) loved playing soccer with an ice cube. The minute he heard the freezer open and one of us getting some ice, he halled booty to the kitchen to challenge us to a game of soccer. And Emma too is thorough in the litterbox! We now have hoods on all litter boxes! :)

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

litter cube... litter cube... we's must add that one to our Cationary, fanks Tara.

'n looks like u had some fun chasing that slippery ice all ov-fer tha place.

Daisy said...

Hahahahaha! I see the litter cube!

LZ said...

Wow, you sound like a great House Hunter in training! Now you just have to find a bug to hunt. Oh, and I'm a super digger in the box myself. Some cats (Chase) can't cover at all and I have to go in after him and clean up.

Latte

Forty Paws said...

Haw! That is SO funny. We will have to tell owr Maw, cause she would go to clean it up immediately, but it would be easier if she waited!!! Good idea!
Luf, Us

Lux said...

My goodness! I'm not quite sure how to respond to this! Except it sounds like you had fun!

Susie said...

Ice hockey! What a great time!

Around Your Wrist said...

tara, you sound so resourceful about how to have fun! some of the best toys are the ones that just happen.

by the way, you are so pretty! i love to look at your pictures. mama says this is the weekend for pictures, especially because of ben's upcoming lion cute (tuesday)

suz

Anita said...

Muhahahaha! You are a gatorrista
=^.-^=