Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Thursday Thirteen: Signs of Spring
So Punxsutawney Phil didn't see his shadow. That means we are suppose to have an early spring. I'm ready! Now, its been raining here for the last few days, and there was even snow yesterday and today on the Coastal Range mountains separating the Big Green Valley from the Little Coast Valley here in "The Bay Area" (pretty Northern California centric, but hey, I live here...). But here is how I know spring is really pretty close (at least here):
1. Mom is more willing to take me outside in my harness.
2. There are a lot more bees to sting me.
3. There are a lot more flying bugs to chase and devour.
4. Its no longer dark with Mom and Dad leave for work, and when they get home.
5. The out of doors smell really funny, almost sweet, from all the fruit tree blossoms.
6. Skeezix gets even more anxious about seeing Daisy's belly.
7. Wedding plans are being made.
8. Mom's friends start talking about Bushmills (Is that a bush with mills?) and Guinness (is that like Prinncess?) and say they are going to drink them!
9. Green leaves the shape of four hearts start showing up everywhere...are these for the weddings?
10. Mom really starts practicing her Irish music on her fiddle, so I get more fiddle case time.
11. There are a lot more sun beams to lie in.
12. There are more birds in the Cat TV, taunting me.
13. I really need to keep an eye out for CECs as it gets warmer.
I'll post my meezer analysis of my scientific survey on ballot stuffing for Mr. Litterbox tomorrow night. Can't wait to see who wins!