Friday, February 16, 2007

What a long day!


Whew, we finally made it to the mountain house! It seemed to take a lot longer than I remembered. I had a hard time finding a comfortable position in the moving green box. I kept trying the hard plastic ledge between Mom and Dad (Dad did put a carpet square in it, which made it much more comfortable), and Mom's lap. My carrier was in the back seat open so I could go back there when I wanted, which wasn't too often. So I had to talk to them a lot on the way up, to let them know this was pretty difficult.





I complained when Dad took a corner too fast and I lost my balance, I whined when I was tired and couldn't go to sleep, and I asked questions when I saw things out the glass that looked pretty interesting, especially when we were stopped. But Dad needs to fix the glass in the front of the big green box, so I can see out better!

At the top of the big mountains, Mom and Dad stopped for coffee. At first I was pretty excited, cause I got to get out of the big green moving box for a minute. But then Dad put me on top of the moutain of frozen water! It was pure white! I froze, cause it was so cold on my paws. Mom was arranging my litter box in the big green box, so she didn't get the flashy box out in time. I was glad Dad put me back into the green box, as it wasn't moving, and I got a short nap while they got some coffee.

I was really glad to get to the mountain house! I sniffed and sniffed to make sure everything was still there, then took a big long NAP!

5 comments:

Kimo and Sabi said...

We is so glad you got there safely! Can;t wait to see photos of the white stuff! Did you bring some booties?

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

KC said...
o, Tara, i can't wait ta see sum pickshures of snow. wow.

glad u's had a safe trip. keep ur's paws warm.

purrrsss, KC

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Glad to hear you made it safely to the mountain house! You look lovely in your blue harness - it matches your eyes! I lost my balance a couple of times too when we drove to Switzerland - up in the mountains there were a lot of winding roads and sharp turns!

Frozen water sounds cold! I'm looking forward to more photos of your trip!

Daisy said...

Yay! You got to the mountain house! I think the comments/complaints you made on the way there are just part of being a Princess. I hope you have fun while you are there!

Forty Paws said...

Oh, that sounds like quite the traumatic journey. We're so glad you whined about it the whole way. That will make your beans truly appreciate the difficult time you had to endure.

Have a fun time and take lots of pictures. Watch out for those CECs!

Luf, Us