Monday, April 2, 2007

Meezer Monday

There was so much to keep track of on my cul-de-sac patrols this weekend! Everytime I go out, there is something new requiring my utmost attention. As I was going around the round end, I was greeted by these tiny, long woofies. Mom called them weaner dogs. WEANER DOGS! Aren't they something you eat? Their owners, a nice couple with a new gurgly tiny human, chated with Mom. They actually have three of these funny woofies! These two are Princess and Lucky. They are actually very sweet, and don't scare me at all.
As I continued around, I found this shell. Mom said it was an egg shell, and that the bridies with all the cool feathers hatch out of these. Can you imagine? How does their mom and dad keep from playing with these neat round things and breaking them? I think that is what happened to this one, Mom bird just finally couldn't restrain herself, and started rolling it around the nest, and then, plop, right down to the ground. Mom said not to be too sad, this one came from one of the many pigeons that hang around. They lay their eggs all over, and not in very safe places, so the neighborhood finds these broken eggs everywhere.
I think Mom bird just needs a fun toy, so she doesn't have to play with her egg.

14 comments:

Kimo and Sabi said...

Weener Dogs?! We gots weener dog cousins! If you check out our 11/27/06 post you'll see all of them.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Your patrols sound like lots of fun Tara! I agree with you - I don't know how a mama bird would be able to resist playing with those eggs. Very cool!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Tara

You have the most interesting walks! Weener dogs and egg shells. Wow.

Abby

Fank you for your post on cat food.

Parker said...

Wow - doggies and shells where birdies came from! So much to see and do outside. I want Mom to get us a harness!

Anonymous said...

Weener dogs. they are really nice, most of them. And I am bigger than a few of them.
I am really happy you got to go outside. Mom only opens the back door for me, that's it!

~Caesar

Daisy said...

Tara, you are smart! I think you are very right, that egg fell down because the Mom bird played too much with it.

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

We have Wren eggs on our carport in a nest! They've nested there for several years.

Looks like you had a great time on your walk :)

Karen Jo said...

You find such interesting things on your walks, Tara! I'll bet that eggshell smelled really interesting.

LZ said...

Wow an egg shell??? That must have been great. I got a little Out of Doors time on Sunday and I really liked the trash can. It smelled VERY interesting.

Latte

HRH Yao-Lin said...

Oooh hot dog dogs! They are called sausage dogs in England and I love them! Actually, thats a lie, I have never met one but I'm sure I woudn't be afraid.

The egg shell would have been way more fun if a bird had come out of it!

Unknown said...

Our grandma has two of these weaner dogs! They are yappy!!!

The Meezers or Billy said...

looks like you hadded a great time patrolling Happy Meezer Monday!

Forty Paws said...

Ack! Weener dogs! Itz an invashun!

Wow, dat grass is really green. Did you paint it or something?

Luf, Us

Jake and Bathsheba said...

Our mom had a weener dog named Fritzi when she was little. He slept sideways with her in her little bed so Mom learned to sleep in a very tiny space.

Have you ever been around a nesting mockingbird? They will attack kitties that come near.

~J&B