Thursday, April 26, 2007

Thinking Blogger Award


My good pals at Forty Paws (they throw one heck of a party, by the way, that chicken pot pie will add a bit of weight to your hips!) nominated me for the Thinking Blogger Award! I'm so honored! This is a great meme, and the participation rules are simple:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think.
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme.
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog). That was that! Please, remember to tag blogs with real merits, i.e. relative content, and above all - blogs that really get you thinking!

So now its my turn to nominate five blogs that make me think. This was hard, as so many of the great blogs in the cat and bean blogosphere make me think. And, since on Thursday's I'm always behind in visiting my favorite blogs (mom plays her fiddle at the pub Wednesday night, so she is always out late), I'm sure I'll nominate some that have already been nominated (I know Latte, Luxor, Daisy, and Dragonheart have all been nominated, so I'll make sure not to nominate them again). But I guess if you get nominated more than once, it really shows that you have a blog that makes you think! So, without further thinking, here are my nominations:

1. Chey's Place. Chey is a great Siamese cat that is running for president. Her interests range from the environment, to voting rules, to the recent cat food recall. Even though she is marrying Latte on May 5 and they have adopted me, I promise I'm not biased!

2. Cat Banter with Kimo and Sabi. I know, I know, Kimo was my valentine, but I really promise I'm not biased. They give great tips for cats, have knowlegeable thursday thirteens, and often comment on current events.

3. Melange, a Medley of Life. I discovered this blog from my participation in the Saturday Photohunt. Its a lovely blog with wonderful observations on life and nature. I usually catch up with it on leisurely Saturday mornings. It makes me think of the meaning of life.

4. Diva Kitty and the Fluffies. Sophia (the Diva Kitty, or DK), her mom (DKM) and her buns (bunny rabbits Fiona and Orlando), have taught me lots about bunnies and knitting, how to take it easy on Sunday mornings, and how to cook up something great on Fridays, not to mention binkies!

5. Yao-lin's Yawnings. He makes me think about what it truly means to be a royal meezer!

2 comments:

Gemini said...

Oh Tara, Cheysuli is very honored to be mentioned in your blog too! This brings her nominations up to FIVE!

Forty Paws said...

That is a very great list Tara!!! We're glad you enjoyed the party!

Luf, Us