Saturday, February 17, 2007

Our mountain house

Our mountain house isn't really in the mountains, its on the other side of the mountains. We get in the big green moving box and sit in it FOREVER. It goes up one side of these big mountains, then down the other side. Our mountain house is at the bottom of the mountains just where it starts to flatten out a bit. The nice thing about this, is we get to see the mountains and frozen white stuff right outside, but don't get very much of it actually at our house. When we finally got here yesterday, it as about 40 degrees on top of the mountains, but almost 60 degrees at our house. Mom and I went out and supervised Dad in the back yard as he got the big outdoor tub full of heated water working (why would any one want to sit in that), but it was still a little cold out for me (I didn't have my shirt on), so we went back in.


We all slept really well last night! I snuggled up with Mom and Dad on the bed, and we all stayed really cozy. Dad got up earlier than Mom, I followed him and got some stinky goodness. But I don't like it when Mom stays in bed, so I went in and jumped in her face a few times and attacked her fingers, that finally got her up!



After we got up, I was looking outside the glass, and this furry creature with a little white tail went running through MY BACKYARD! I got so excited I jumped up on the back of the chair, and watched and watched.



But it ran under the fence. There is this big open space behind our fence with bushes and stuff for critters to hide in. Mom says it was a desert cottontail bunny rabbit. It looked about the same size as my stuffed CEC, so I could probably take it on. But Mom says bunnys are nice, and we shouldn't hurt them. We haven't seen any CECs yet, but I thought I'd better say on guard for a while.

5 comments:

Kimo and Sabi said...

Wow - that looks beautiful there. Is taht all of yer yard? Do you get to go out wifout a harness?

We wish we was there!

Artsy Catsy said...

You're so lucky, Tara ... mountains, bunnies, all the good things in life! We used to have a bunny for 10 years, our precious Dustbunny, but she hopped over the Rainbow Bridge last year :-( But the only mountains we have in IN are mountains of snow & ice right now!

Rocky & the rest of us

HRH Yao-Lin said...

Crikey that looks so beautiful. Not as beautiful as you but still, a close second. xxx

Piggy and Grover said...

Your view is nearly as beautiful as you are! You are a blessed girl, Tara! Mountains look like fun!

Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Wow that looks like a cool mountain house. Have lots of fun.